Thursday, March 10, 2011

Getting Older

For the first time in my life I feel old.

Last night, I found my first gray hair.
And my second. And my third.

There may be more lurking in the back, but if there is, my husband was being too kind to mention it.

OK, as I think about it, I don't actually feel old. At all.
But I feel like I must be getting old.
I mean I have *actual* gray hairs.

My reaction was surprising to both myself and C.B.
Because I definitely had a reaction.
I was really affected by this. I really can not believe it.
I kept searching my scalp, tilting my head to change the reflection of the lighting.... the grays were there, no doubt about it.

I didn't think I was the type to be bothered by this kind of thing.
And I'm probably not, really.
I'm just in awe that it's happening NOW.
I feel WAY too young to have gray hairs!!

So even though C.B. thought he was being funny this morning, don't call me Silver Fox just yet.....
I've plucked out all offenders.

No comments: